What do wealth management companies do?
More than you might think. Everyone earns money at some point, but not everyone manages their wealth.
Everything about your financial journey depends on where you are in your life. That’s why no two clients are the same. Everyone has a different risk tolerance or a different set of goals. When investors are younger, they can take more risks — if they lose some of their money due to market volatility, they have time to make up those losses, because time heals all (market-related) wounds, more or less. More time means more opportunity to recover losses. That’s the long and short of it.
Research¹ has consistently found the best way to maximize returns across every level of risk is to combine asset classes and allow individual securities to generate alpha.
Our past informs our present, though; people who have experienced loss in the stock market understand the need to mitigate risk, if possible, so they can ensure their long-term financial goals come true. They can use an aggressive asset allocation strategy to help them recover from a market loss — it’s irresponsible to leave everything up to time — but they may also want to see a full range of financial products and techniques to assess their position and reevaluate their strategies.
Do you need a comprehensive wealth management plan?
Probably, but we can’t say for certain until we speak with you. If you’re interested, we adhere to a five-step plan of wealth management.
1. What’s your goal? Where do you want to go? That’s the most important question to our advisers.
2. What do you know about your finances? Our advisers need to know where you are to help you get where you want to go.
3. How do we use what we know to build a plan? There’s rarely one way to get from Point A to Point B. We provide the pros and cons for each scenario and helps you make a comprehensive wealth-management plan for your individual situation. Our advisers give you the tools. It’s your job to make the decisions.
4. How do you execute your plan? Everything leads up to this point. You have to execute on what you agreed on with our advisers or nothing happens. We will encourage you to follow through, stick to your plan, and keep making progress toward your financial goals.
5. Is the plan continuing to work? Change is constant. As times evolves, so might your needs. Our team will work with you to update your plan as needed, to analyze new information, and to make sure you’re happy with your services and products.
We leave no products or strategies off the table when it comes to helping out clients craft the best financial plan for their situation. Our firm is dedicated to a personalized, holistic, and creative approach to wealth management. We know one size doesn’t fit all. That’s why we take the time to get to know our clients individually. We use risk-tolerance assessment techniques to find out how comfortable our clients are with market risk. And we never ask them to invest at a level of risk that they aren’t comfortable with — never.
How the wealth management process looks.
Once we fully understand our client’s specific situation, we begin to build a plan to suit their needs. Asset classes fall under five broad categories:
Initially, we identify a broad set of diversified asset classes to serve as the building blocks for your portfolio. Our approach also evaluates each asset class on its potential for capital growth and income generation, volatility, correlation with the other asset classes (diversification), and inflation protection.
We’ve partnered with ChangePath to leverage their technology platform and research capabilities.
— This investment philosophy (Modern Portfolio Theory) was designed to:
— Identify an ideal set of asset classes for the current investment environment.
— Select efficient and effective strategies to represent a set number of asset classes.
— Determine an investor’s risk tolerance to create the appropriate portfolio.
— Assign allocations among the chosen asset classes to mirror risk tolerances.
— Perform continual monitoring and periodic rebalancing of portfolios
Schedule an Appointment
Meeting with a member of our team is complimentary and confidential. Schedule your appointment today!